All for One, One for All

All for One, One for All
ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE

16 December 2009

Reflections from the Secondary 1 squad '09

Hello unit! We're about half a month to the end of 2009.

And onward to 2010.

Here're the awaited reflections from your sec 1 squadmates:

Beverly: I have learnt much in this 1 year that i have spent in npcc. The values that i have incalcated & have learnt are immense.( Although i wouldn't describe it as a life-changing experience,cause that would be too much of an exaggeration)For example, through weekly activities like P.T, i have learnt to grasp the importance of enduring through sheer determination, never to give up easily. Through ball games we have played during p.t, i now know the significance of team spirit and working together as one,not to forget, bonding together as a squad. Being disciplined is also one of the main aspects that i have matured in, as NPCC requires high disciplinary standards(Uniform checks, drills..etc). This has also influenced my daily life, I'm no longer as nonchalant or slipshod as i was before when carrying out activites. In short, Npcc no doubt has shaped me into a more mature and knowledgeable individual.

Carmen: I had become more aware of the importance of discipline. We should all be under strict self-control and be aware of our actions, doing the right thing at the right time. The values of NP such as 'PICARDS' and 'ABC' have helped me in my life. I have learnt about importance of Punctuality, being Initiative, Committed to whatever I do, Attending all the activities(attendance), being Responsible for the things I do, Disciplined and lastly, Selflessness. And that we should be contented with what we have. Do not Argue, Bargain or Complain. Joining NP is a right thing to do. It teaches us the right value about life.

Elise: I, together with my other squadmates, have matured alot this year. We have matured (psychologicaly). Some examples are that I have learnt to be on time for activities, and do not have self-esteem issues, low self-confidence or other personality disorder traits also I learnt that we must be united as a squad. We react more maturely and we persevere. I am more responsible, have a good character and we do whatever we can just to get the job done. Also we have determination, self-discipline, and willpower. Although my squad is still not so organised, I hope that we will be more united over time.

Geng Yu: 2009 has been a year in which everyone has matured, no matter how drastic or minor, including me. NPCC has helped me to gain knowledge and experience in this where I may not find in other CCAs, and I've learnt much from it this year, ranging from drills to campcraft. PICARDS (Punctuality, Initiative, Commitment, Attitude, Responsibility, Discipline and Selflessness) has also been introduced and is used in certain aspects of weekly activities. It has helped in my development in CCHMS, both physically and mentally, whereby I feel that I've matured a certain degree, especially where I've learnt to improve my own discipline and to have a better attitude towards certain matters. Personally, I have certainly matured from the starting of the year, to the end. I believe that this would continue for the next 3 years in this secondary school, and NPCC would definitely aid me along the way.


Yu Xiang: I will not put it exactly that I have matured but I will agree that I have learned alot in NPCC. The first time we did our drills with is with the Sec 4 CLs. I remembered the time when we learned knots from them. The CLs told us that we have 3 golden rules in NPCC which is to endure, endure, and endure. I remember the time we spend our last time with the Sec 4 CLs. Sin Yong CL shared alot of "fantasies" with us. He said that it will help us alot. When the Sec 3 CLs take over the previous CLs position, I agree that they have been more strict but it helps alot.

Yu Xuan: I have finally gotten through my Secondary 1 life which was full of excitement, mostly coming from NPCC, my CCA. I have learned alot of new things from it, like campcraft, drilling and the correct attitudes. I have applied this attitudes in class, so i have no detentions for the year, nor have a compulsory meet the parents form. NPCC help me mature, I have become less playful than usual. It's activities helped me to be more disciplined too, thus I feel that I have learned alot in NPCC.

Zhi Qi: Through NPCC, i had matured quite alot and learned many good chracter traits which i believe, will help me to become a better person. For example, through the ball games we played in pt, made me realise the importance of teamwork and also taught me how to work with others. The three golden rules of NPCC-endure, endure, endure gave me strength to perservere and not give up whenever the activities are a little too tough. Some of the other values that NPCC inculcate are PICARDS(Punctuality, Initiative,Committed,Attendance,Responsible,Discipline and Selflessness) and ABC(do not Argue, Bargain,or Complain). All these values made me learned alot and also matured.

This post does not mean that it's the last entry of the year.

I will be posting more and more often. Do keep a lookout and spread the word.

Let's look forward and march head on!